What is the situation on the wholesale potato market in south-eastern Poland?
First, prices showed a tendency to adjust downwards. This was due to the fact that a large part of farmers completed their work in the field, had more time to deal with potato sales, so more offers started to reach the market. However, this week we can see the opposite trend. Prices are returning to their previous level. Demand for potatoes is high and after a temporary fluctuation the market returns to equilibrium with earlier price caps.
Although the current supply may be higher for the time being, the situation remains unchanged in the perspective of the whole season. There are few potatoes and there will be few. In addition, even with stable demand on the domestic market, a greater interest from abroad can be expected. And yet the domestic demand should also be higher than the average, because it should be expected that much less potatoes from import will reach the Polish market.
At present, the prices of potatoes in a large wholesale in south-eastern Poland are as follows:
- the vicinity of Przemyśl - yellow potatoes 1,86 – 2,09 EUR/15 kg ,
- Jarosław area - yellow potatoes 1,74 – 1,86 EUR /15 kg,
- Leżajsk area - yellow potatoes 1,74 – 1,86 EUR / 15 kg,
- the vicinity of Dębica - red potatoes 1,86 EUR/ 15 kg, yellow potatoes 1,74 – 1,86 EUR/15 kg.
- Proszowice area - yellow potatoes 1,86 EUR/15 kg,
- surroundings of Miechów - yellow potatoes 1,86 EUR/ 15 kg,
- Olkusz area - yellow potatoes ( 50+mm) 2,09 EUR / 15 kg,
- Kraków area - yellow potatoes 1,86- 2,09 EUR/ 15 kg, stock exchange to 2,33 – 2,79 EUR/ 15 kg,
- the vicinity of Sandomierz - yellow potatoes 1,86 – 2,09 EUR/ 15 kg.
- Kazimierzy Wlk. area - yellow potatoes 1,86 – 1,98 EUR / 15 kg,
- Skalbmierz area - yellow potatoes 1,86 – 1,98 EUR / 15 kg,
- Opatów area - red potatoes 1,98 EUR / 15 kg.